Iloilo mayor still a no-show after sick leave expires | ABS-CBN

ADVERTISEMENT

dpo-dps-seal
Welcome, Kapamilya! We use cookies to improve your browsing experience. Continuing to use this site means you agree to our use of cookies. Tell me more!

Iloilo mayor still a no-show after sick leave expires

Iloilo mayor still a no-show after sick leave expires

Cherry Palma,

ABS-CBN News

Clipboard

Iloilo City Mayor Jed Patrick Mabilog still has not reported for work Monday, even after his sick leave expired last Saturday, September 30.

During the flag raising ceremony, Iloilo City Hall employees expected that they will see Mabilog after a long period of rest.

However, it was announced that Mabilog will not yet return to work.

According to Atty. Mark Piad, Mabilog's legal counsel and spokesperson, the mayor filed for an additional 30-day sick leave last Friday due to security reasons.

ADVERTISEMENT

Piad added the mayor still feels unsafe and fears for the lives of the members of his family.

Piad did not reveal details of the threat against Mabilog but said it was serious enough for the mayor to refrain from working.

He also said the stress Mabilog is going through adds up to the complications of his Type 2 diabetes.

Mabilog was named by Duterte as among alleged "narco-politicians" last year. The President has meanwhile tagged Iloilo as the "most shabulized" city in the country.

Mabilog has denied the allegations.

Meanwhile, acting city mayor Joe Espinosa remains as the head of the city government, with the power to sign important documents on behalf of Mabilog.

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

It looks like you’re using an ad blocker

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.