Suspect in Castillo hazing sends surrender feelers: police

ABS-CBN News

Posted at Sep 24 2017 03:02 PM | Updated as of Sep 24 2017 08:29 PM

MANILA - Antonio Trangia, one of 3 suspects in the fatal hazing of University of Santo Tomas (UST) law freshman Horatio Castillo III, has sent surrender feelers to authorities, the Manila Police District said Sunday. 

Trangia owns the vehicle allegedly used to bring Castillo to the Chinese General Hospital after his hazing last Saturday. 

"He sent feelers already to facilitate his surrender and even the surrender of the vehicle," MPD chief Senior Supt. Joel Coronel told reporters. 

"Hopefully, within the day until tomorrow, before the Senate hearing, he'll be appearing here to clarify his participation or involvement. Otherwise, he is still considered a principal suspect." 

Trangia's son Ralph, an officer of the Aegis Jvris fraternity, was also named a primary suspect in the death of Castillo, but has flown to Chicago. 

Coronel said Ralph's mother may face charges if proven that she helped her son leave the country. 

John Paul Solano, a third suspect, has surrendered to authorities. 

Solano was earlier reported to be the "good samaritan" who found the bloodied body of Castillo in Tondo, Manila supposedly following Aegis Jvris fraternity's hazing rites last week. 

He was later on tagged as a suspect after police supposedly found inconsistencies in his testimony.-  

Four other individuals with links to Castillo's hazing have reached out to the police and the Department of Justice, Coronel said. 

With Zhander Cayabyab, ABS-CBN News