MANILA (3rd UPDATE) - Around 70 armed men have taken over the Ocean Adventure theme park in Subic Bay, the chair of the government agency overseeing the free port said Thursday.
It was not immediately clear why the suspects occupied Ocean Adventure since Feb. 13 and barred employees from entering, Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority (SBMA) chairman Martin Diño told DZMM.
"Nakakalungkot kasi supposed to be, dapat hindi nakapasok ang mga iyan," Diño told radio DZMM.
(It saddens me because they should not have been allowed to enter in the first place.)
"Full coordination na kami ngayon sa kapulisan at lahat ng authority para ma-takeover kasi that's a continuing threat, 'yang nangyayari d'yan."
(We are coordinating with the police and the authorities to take over, because what's happening there is a continuing threat)
Police arrived at the theme part past noon to check the situation. According to a certain SPO3 Naral, they have not received any feedback of any tension so far.
Ocean Adventure is a popular tourist draw in the former US Navy base, that has featured seals and false killer whales or dolphins.
Keep refreshing this link for updates.