President-elect Rodrigo Duterte on Tuesday presented his Cabinet members, saying he was sure of their "integrity and honesty," as well as their ability to implement his campaign promises.
"I can assure you they are all men of integrity and honesty," Duterte said in a press conference Tuesday night, after incoming presidential spokesman Salvador Panelo introduced the Duterte Cabinet members in Davao City.
Duterte said it took him days to decide on who to appoint to key positions but he is confident he picked the right people.
"It's not a simple job if you're looking for the composition of the Cabinet...it took me several days. When I'm not around in the public eye, I'm there reviewing papers of the recommendees," said Duterte.
Named to key positions are:
- Executive Secretary - Salvador Medialdea
- Presidential Spokesperson - Salvador Panelo
- Agrarian Reform - Rafael Mariano
- Agriculture - Emmanuel Piñol
- Budget and Management - Benjamin Diokno
- Education - Leonor Briones
- Energy - Alfonso Cusi
- Finance- Carlos Dominguez
- Foreign Affairs - Perfecto Yasay Jr.
- National Bureau of Investigation - Dante Gierran
- Interior and Local Government (Secretary) - Mike Sueno
- Interior and Local Gov't (undersecretary for police matters) - Catalino Cuy
- Justice - Vitaliano Aguirre II
- Labor and Employment - Silvestre Bello III
- National Defense - Delfin Lorenzana
- National Economic and Development Authority - Ernesto Pernia
- National Security Adviser - Hermogenes Esperon Jr.
- Public Works and Highways - Mark Villar
- Science and Technology - Fortunato Dela Peña
- Social Welfare and Development - Judy Taguiwalo
- Transportation and Communications- Arthur Tugade
- Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process - Jesus Dureza
- Philippine National Police (PNP) chief - Ronald Dela Rosa
- Cabinet Secretary - Leoncio Evasco Jr.
- Solicitor General - Jose Calida
- Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR) - Andrea Domingo
- Presidential Assistant for the Visayas - Mike Diño
- Land Transportation and Franchising Regulatory Board (LTFRB) - Martin Delgra
- Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) - Isidro Lapena
- National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) - Ricardo Jalad
- Bureau of Immigration (BI) - Jaime Morente
- Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) - Cesar Dulay
- Land Transportation Office (LTO) - Edgar Galvante
- National Intelligence Coordinating Agency (NICA) - Alex Monteagudo
- Bureau of Customs: Nicanor Faeldon
Duterte said he will not interfere with the work of his Cabinet members, as long as his appointees are properly executing their mandates.
"I do not intend to really interfere in their work. I will follow what I'm doing here in Davao City and it is best exemplified in my work as mayor," said Duterte.
"Ayusin mo yang trabaho mo and you'll never ever get interference," added Duterte.
Duterte said he'd like an efficient system where people won't have to line up and waste time just to avail of basic government services.
"Hindi ako makikialam, ang gusto ko lang, wala reklamo ang tao...but I have a few suggestions: I don't want people queuing," said Duterte.
"I do not want to be heroic here, I just want honesty and good faith in dealing with the public," he added.