MANILA, Philippines – The scuffle between journalist Mon Tulfo and actor Raymart Santiago on Sunday has been caught on video and uploaded on the video-sharing site YouTube.
The 59-second video posted by glamchiq00 showed Santiago charging at Tulfo and people trying to stop the fist fight.
The video was uploaded after news broke out earlier in the afternoon about the incident.
Both Tulfo and Santiago were among the top trending topics on microblogging site Twitter because of the incident.
Santiago’s wife, actress Claudine Barretto, said she is challenging Tulfo to show the video which he claims caught her scolding the airport staff. Barretto also appealed to airport authorities to release the CCTV footage to determine who really started the brawl between Tulfo and her husband.
The amateur video was immediately shared on other social networking sites like Twitter and Facebook.
“I don't know what happened, but from this video, mas hinawakan at inawat si Mon Tulfo ng mga guards than Raymart Santiago. Walang pumigil kay Raymart sa pagsuntok niya kay Mon Tulfo while Tulfo was held down by the airport guards,” journalist Joel Pablo Salud said on Facebook.
“Just saw the Tulfo vs Claudine and Raymart fight. Clearly, Claudine and Raymart were the one beating Mon Tulfo to a pulp,” said Stella Apa on Twitter.
“Just saw the Tulfo -Raymart brawl vid. Whew! Gigil lang si Claudine! Tsk,” said Noel Manito also on Twitter.
“Ayaw ko manghusga kakapirangot na video lang kasi napanuod ko, at hindi naman pinakikita dyan pano nag simula ang gulo kung hindi paano natapos ang gulo eh,” said a comment on YouTube
“Edited na ang mga video. Pwede natin ma-cut ang truth sa video. pwede itago at ipasama ang kapwa tao. Di naman siguro gaganyan ang kabilang kampo kng walang may ngyari na mas matindi doon di, ba?” another comment on YouTube said.
Tulfo said he decided to take a photo of Barretto with his camera when he heard that Barretto was berating an airline employee. Then, Santiago approached him to get the cell phone and that’s when the fight started.
Barreto said she was complaining because the airline left their luggage at Caticlan.
In an interview with dzMM earlier, Santiago claimed that it was Tulfo who threw the first punch.
“Siya ‘yung unang nanuntok, may mga tama rin ako,” the actor said,
“Napakalungkot eh. Kunyari kukuha siya ng video, nag-co-complain kami, normal lang mag-complain. Bakit di siya lumapit, nag-interview? Sasagutin naman namin siya eh. Bakit hindi niya kami tulungan? Bakit hindi niya kami tanunging kung anong nangyari? Kung nagtanong lang siya ano bang nangyayari at sumide siguro sa amin, dahil wala naman kaming kasalanan eh.
“Sinabi ko lang po sa kanya ano po ba ang ginagawa niyo sinuntok na ako,” he said.
After the incident, both camps proceeded the hospital to have a medical exam.
According to the airport police, no one was arrested for the incident and that it is up to the parties involved to file a case.