MANILA - The seven finalists for the 2017 Cinema One Originals Film Festival have been unveiled.
According to Cinema One, the selected finalists were able to "deliver fresh stories with poignant, hilarious and extraordinary accounts that will touch the lives of more diverse audiences."
The finalists are:
- "Nay" by director Kip Oebanda
- "Nervous Translation" by director Shireen Seno
- "Throwback Thursday" by director Joseph Teoxon and writer Pertee Brinas
- "Changing Partners" by director Dan Villegas
- "Historiographika Errata" by director Richard Somes
- "Paki" by director Giancarlo Abrahan
- "Si Chedeng, Si Apple, Si Louis Vuitton" by directors Fatrick Tabada and Rae Red
The finalists were picked by the selection committee composed of Ronald Arguelles (festival director), Philbert Dy, Rico Gonzales, Oggs Cruz, Jinky Laurel, Kathleen Pador, Richard Bolisay, Sherad Anthony Sanchez, and Jade Castro.
Each of these finalists will receive a grant of P3 million to produce their movie and compete in the festival to be held in November.
A seperate category for documentary films were also announced, and it included the following: "Horror House" by Phyllis Grande; "Bundok Banahaw" by Dempster Samarista"; and "Architecture of Belief" by Jet Leyco and Camille Aragona.