Davao mall worker still missing after deadly fire

ABS-CBN News

Posted at Dec 27 2017 09:20 AM

Watch also in iWant or TFC.tv

An employee of a mall in Davao City remains missing after a massive fire that killed 37 people over the weekend, an official said Wednesday. 

Authorities have recovered the bodies of the fatalities, all employees of a call center whose office was at the topmost floor of the 4-story NCCC mall. 

However, they are still searching for an NCCC employee who was stationed at the third floor, city fire marshall F/Supt. Honee Fritz Alagano told DZMM. 

The Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) is investigating the cause of the blaze, she said. 

President Rodrigo Duterte had told relatives of victims that the BFP, the National Bureau of Investigation and police would get to the bottom of the disaster. 

"The truth will come out," the President said, as he comforted the victims' families earlier this week.

The call center firm said it was helping with funeral arrangements and would set up a fund for contributions to the victims' families. 

DZMM, 27 December 2017