Driver-only ban on C-5? Not true, says MMDA

ABS-CBN News

Posted at Aug 20 2018 12:15 PM

Watch also in iWant or TFC.tv

MANILA - The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority denied Monday rumors that it will soon implement the driver-only ban on C-5 as it did on EDSA.

The agency last week started its dry-run of the scheme that prohibited cars with only the driver in it from traversing through EDSA, but suspended its full implementation this week.

Asked if the same will be implemented on C-5, which runs parallel to EDSA, MMDA General Manager Jojo Garcia said: "No, not true."

The high occupancy vehicle (HOV) traffic scheme bans vehicles that have only the driver in them from using EDSA from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. and from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. on weekdays.

After the MMDA launched its dry-run last week, social became abuzz with talk that the driver-only ban may also soon be applied in another major thoroughfare.