Bikoy to apply for witness protection program, says PNP chief
MANILA - Peter Joemel Advincula, the self-confessed "Bikoy" in a series of anti-Duterte videos, is set to apply for the witness protection program after linking Vice-President Leni Robredo to an alleged plot to oust President Duterte, the head of the Philippine National Police said Thursday.
"I think he's about to apply for WPP (Witness Protection Program)," PNP chief Oscar Albayalde said, adding Advincula has already submitted evidence, including his cellphone and computers, to back his claims.
The PNP chief claimed some sources have linked Robredo to an alleged ouster plot.
"Probably in some portion of his affidavit the Vice President was mentioned she was present during some of the meetings and that probably prompted the CIDG to file a case against her," he said.
He, however, said that it is up to the court to determine the credibility of Advincula.
"We're not saying we trust Bikoy, that's why the credibility lies on the discretion of the court. What were trying to point out there's a possibility of commission of a crime," he said.
"With regards to the credibility of the witness, that is the sole responsibility or discretion of the court, not the police," he said.
In his affidavit, Advincula claimed that Robredo, Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV and other opposition figures wanted to oust President Duterte before June 30, 2019.
His affidavit was used by the CIDG in filing a sedition and inciting to sedition complaint with the Department of Justice last week against Robredo, Trillanes and more than 30 other personalities.
Robredo's camp dismissed the charges as political harassment.