PNP sees no threat to Metro Manila after Abu Sayyaf suspect's arrest

ABS-CBN News

Posted at Apr 22 2019 09:11 AM

Watch also in iWant or TFC.tv

The Philippine National Police on Monday said it has not monitored any security threat to Metro Manila following the arrest of a suspected Abu Sayyaf bandit in Quezon City.

Authorities last week nabbed an alleged Abu member linked to various crimes including the 2001 kidnapping of 15 workers of Golden Harvest Plantation in Basilan.

PNP chief General Oscar Albayalde said the police are monitoring possible bandit hideouts and investigating if the arrested suspect had cohorts.

Police will likely remain under heightened alert as holidaymakers who spent the Holy Week in provinces return to Metro Manila. A heightened alert means off-duty officers could be tapped anytime if needed, said Albayalde.