Duterte 'okay' after exposure to officials with COVID-19

ABS-CBN News

Posted at Mar 30 2020 11:40 AM

Watch also in iWantTFC

President Rodrigo Duterte's health remains "okay" after he was exposed to several officials who had tested positive for the novel coronavirus, Health Secretary Francisco Duque said Monday. 

Duterte turned 75 on Sunday with no birthday celebration as he remained under self-quarantine in Malacañang, while his family is in his hometown in Davao City. 

"Okay naman ang Pangulo. Mamaya ang alam ko magbibigay [siya] ng ulat sa taongbayan,' he said. 


(The President is okay. He will give a report to the public on Monday.) 

Duterte is required to report to the public every Monday about how his administration spent the additional funds for COVID-19, that it secured under a law approved last week. 

The President earlier tested negative for the virus, which is known to hit hardest the elderly and those with underlying health problems. 

Duterte earlier admitted that he suffers from back pains, migraine and Buerger's disease, a cause of blockages in the blood vessels, associated with smoking during his youth. 

DZMM, March 30, 2020