Witness claims Mandaluyong victims got shot 'before cops arrived': NCRPO
MANILA - A witness in the fatal shooting in Mandaluyong last week has claimed that the 2 victims sustained gunshot wounds even before the police officers arrived at the scene, the Metro Manila police said Tuesday.
Jonalyn Amba-an, who was earlier shot at a construction site, and her companion, construction worker Jomar Hayawon, died after policemen and village guards fired at a white Mitsubishi Adventure on Shaw Boulevard late Thursday on suspicion it was the getaway vehicle of a shooting suspect.
Amba-an's live-in partner Eliseo Aluad, and Danilo Santiago, who was driving the vehicle, suffered gunshot wounds.
However, a witness who was aboard the AUV when the shooting incident happened said Amba-an was "shot again for the second time and the driver already had a gunshot wound" before the police officers arrived at the scene, according to Superintendent Kimberly Molitas, spokesperson of the National Capital Region Police Office.
"I’m not concluding, but according to our witnesses, nabaril na sila bago pa dumating yung mga pulis natin...They (the police officers) arrived nung tumigil yung Adventure at barangay patrol. May tama na yung dalawa and then they arrived," she told ANC's Headstart.
"Ang kuwento ng witness natin, sumisigaw daw yung mga pulis natin na ‘Bumaba kayo. Pag di kayo bumaba, papuputukan namin kayo.’ Hindi sila nakababa and then that’s how the police opened fire at the Adventure," she said.
Molitas said the Philippine National Police's crime laboratory is currently studying the trajectory of the 36 spent bullet shells recovered from the scene.
NCRPO Director Oscar Albayalde said the accused police officers assigned at Mandaluyong City were placed under restrictive custody in Bicutan as they get to the bottom of the shooting and vowed there would be no cover-up in the investigation.