How kidnapped businesswoman was rescued in Davao

Posted at Jul 12 2013 05:25 PM | Updated as of Jul 13 2013 01:25 AM

Watch also in iWantv or TFC.tv

MANILA -- Authorities are pursuing members of the kidnap-for-ransom group behind the abduction of Filipino-Chinese businesswoman Sally Chua in Quezon City last week.

Police said the group is believed to be operating in Metro Manila.

The 51-year-old Chua was rescued in Davao City Thursday after being held for six days.

In an interview with ANC, Chua said her captors appeared to be professionals since they were well-funded and equipped with powerful firearms.

Police said they will provide security for her and her family as follow-up operations continue for other suspects who remain at large.

Davao City Police chief Ronald Dela Rosa said the kidnappers and their victim traveled from Metro Manila to Davao where they agreed to settle the ransom.

One of Chua's kidnappers was arrested and three other members of the group were killed during a rescue operation at a bank in Davao City.

ANC News Now, July 12, 2013