Kemba Walker is moving on from the scary neck injury he suffered in Denver last Friday and is slated to return to the court when the Boston Celtics host the Brooklyn Nets on Wednesday night.
Walker sidestepped a serious injury after being stretchered off the court and later passing a battery of tests. But the time after he crashed headfirst into the midsection of teammate Semi Ojeleye in the game against the Nuggets was an uncomfortable period for the three-time All-Star guard.
"It was a scary moment for myself," Walker told reporters after Boston's shootaround on Wednesday. "When I was in the moment, it was pretty tough to be in, obviously. I know it was scary for everybody.
"It was tough, but thank God I'm OK."
Walker lay motionless on the floor for at least five minutes while the arena went silent. Paramedics put a neck brace on him, and he was scared by the numbness he was feeling in his hands. He was eventually taken off the court and transported to a local hospital.
"It went away pretty fast," Walker said of the numbness. "I think that's what got me the most nervous when I was on the ground. But, yeah, it went away. They just wanted to make sure I was good, I was safe. So they kept me from moving and put me on a stretcher, obviously.
"But yeah, like I said, thank God I'm OK and it wasn't as bad as it looked."
Celtics trainer Tony Schena provided an update earlier this week, saying Walker underwent spine and neck imaging in Denver that displayed no structural damage and that he also passed a full spine test in Boston. He also passed neurological tests in Boston.
Walker also had concussion-like symptoms that have since dissipated.
Walker is averaging 21.1 points, 4.7 assists and 4.6 rebounds in 15 games this season. He is in first season with the Celtics after spending his first eight NBA seasons with the Charlotte Hornets.
--Field Level Media
For more sports coverage, visit the ABS-CBN Sports website.