Two competitors representing the Philippine Practical Shooting Association took home medals in the juniors category of the 18th Handgun World Shoot tournament in Châteauroux town, France.
Kahlil Adrian Viray, 15, and Rolly Nathaniel Tecson, 14, both first-time participants, secured podium finishes in the juniors level that boasts a field of 300 shooters from around the world.
Viray and Tecson finished 1-2 in the individual standard category, while the Philippines placed second behind the US in the team category that also included the two teens.
Joseph Bernabe Jr. and John Paul Santiaguel were the other members of the silver-winning squad.
Viray is a Grade 10 student in Subic, while Tecson is a Grade 9 student at Villamor Air Base.
Overall, the Philippines placed 6th with 1 gold, 4 silver and 3 bronze medals.
The other winners include:
- Silver, individual classic category — Jeufro Emil Lejano
- Silver, team classic category — Jeufro Emil Lejano, Wilfredo Martin Jr., Bernardo Mari Alejandro V and William Magalong
- Bronze, individual classic category — Jethro Dionisio
- Bronze, ladies' individual classic category — Grace Tamayo
- Bronze, super senior individual standard category — Israelito Pible
The competition was held from August 27 to September 3.
— With a report from Raoul Esperas