MANILA, Philippines - Even though tickets for the November 12 bout between pound-for-pound king Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez are nearly sold out, the Filipino boxing icon has allegedly not yet signed the contract for the bout.
According to FightHype.com, Pacquiao has still not signed the contract for the trilogy fight with Marquez, which was given to him last week.
The writer, Ben Thompson, said Pacquiao may not be pleased with the $20-million guaranteed purse.
"According to a source, it was Pacquiao's new accounting firm, VisionQwest, who recommended that he turn down the initial offer," writes Thompson.
But Thompson added that Top Rank boss Bob Arum can fix the issue by increasing the guaranteed purse.
"Tickets have sold briskly for Pacquiao's 3rd bout with Marquez; we're quite sure that Bob Arum will do whatever is necessary to make sure that contract is signed," Thompson said.