Allegations of racism had surfaced in the aftermath of the brawl between Gilas Pilipinas and the Australia men's basketball team in their FIBA World Cup qualifying game at Philippine Arena on July 2.
According to claims, some Australia players called the Filipinos derogatory names, but Boomers officials refuted those accusations saying they were unfounded.
FIBA, the sport's world-governing body, is on the side of Australia on the issue.
"FIBA set out quite clearly that the allegations of racism made by some sections of the Australian media were absolutely baseless," Basketball Australia chief executive Anthony Moore said in an article posted on the Sydney Morning Herald website Thursday.
FIBA handed down player suspensions totaling 35 games on the Gilas side and 9 for Australia as punishment for their involvement in a massive fracas earlier this month.
In an interview in a local sports program, Gilas head coach Chot Reyes said he wasn't aware of any defamatory terms being used by the visitors and directed toward the Filipino players.
Winston Baltasar, a photographer, made the accusations in an interview with Australian media, saying he heard the word "monkey" being aimed at the Gilas team.
Australian basketball stakeholders have slammed Baltasar's claims.
For more sports coverage, visit the ABS-CBN Sports website.