Boxing superstar Manny Pacquiao was given a 24-hour deadline to think over the 60-40 split he was insisting for the fight against Britain’s Ricky Hatton.
If he insists on his demand, the supposed May 2 fight will be off.
"There's no way he's getting the 60-40," Top Rank Bob Arum told LA Times’ Lance Pugmire.
"Unless he comes to his senses and his people start acting intelligently...We'll see if we can keep it together, but the split is supposed to be 50-50. We've all agreed to it,” added Arum.
The Top Rank promoter thinks some people in Pacquiao’s camp is goading the Filipino boxer to stick with his demand. This may lead to the breakdown of negotiations, he added.
“Now, people are whispering in Pacquiao's ear. If they keep pushing for 60-40, Hatton and [his promoter Richard] Schaefer are pulling the plug," said Arum.
Pacquiao was given until Wednesday (Thursday in Manila) to decide on the split.
Meanwhile, Hatton’s lawyer has threatened to file a suit against Pacquiao if the Filipino fighter's lawyers back out of a “verbal contract” for a 50-50 split in earnings for their “superfight’.
Gareth Williams, Hatton's lawyer, told Telegraph Sport that "a verbal agreement" had already been made by Arum over the purse cut.
Williams pointed out that Arum "had absolute authority" to negotiate on behalf of Pacquiao.
"As far as I'm concerned I've got a firm contract that the fight is taking place. As and when I'm officially told that the contract has been breached, then I will do something about it legally," said Williams.