Pacquiao guaranteed $20M for Bradley fight

Report from Bev Llorente, ABS-CBN News North America

Posted at Jan 07 2016 03:40 PM

MANILA, Philippines – Filipino boxing icon Manny Pacquiao has a guaranteed fight purse of $20 million for the final bout of his career against Timothy Bradley Jr., promoter Bob Arum confirmed.

It is a steep fall from the reported $160 million that Pacquiao earned in his fight against Floyd Mayweather Jr. in May 2015, a bout he lost via unanimous decision.

Pacquiao will face Bradley for the third time on April 9 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, which the boxer has confirmed will be the last fight of his storied career.

"I don't know about Bradley, but I can confirm Pacquiao is getting (a) $20-million fight purse," Arum revealed.

(READ: Freddie Roach does not believe Manny Pacquiao will retire after April 9th)

Pacquiao was also guaranteed $20 million when he fought Bradley in a rematch in April 2014, which he won via unanimous decision to claim the WBO welterweight championship.

Arum has also expressed his doubts that Pacquiao will follow through with his promise to retire after the Bradley fight.

"I don't think it will be his last fight," he said. "Everyone is saying that this is his last fight, but even if he is in the Senate, he will still be training."

Pacquiao previously said he intends to hang up his gloves in order to focus his attention on his political career. The "Pacman" is running for a Senate seat in the 2016 national elections.

For more sports coverage, visit the ABS-CBN Sports website.