Obtaining a passport is now made easier with the ePayment Portal, according to the Department of Foreign Affairs' (DFA).
An upgrade to the Online Appointment System, the DFA's new system now allows applicants to pay the processing fees via selected payment centers nationwide.
The DFA hopes to launch the ePayment in the National Capital Region by July, and August for its nationwide launch. This department launched it this month in its Aseana office.
Below are the simple steps to a convenient and fixer-free passport application:
1. Go to www.passport.gov.ph and schedule an appointment:
- read reminders carefully before agreeing to the Terms and Conditions of the Online Appointment System
- select preferred DFA Consular Office
- pick the date and time when you wish to apply for or renew your passport
- fill out all required fields and review all details of application before clicking SUBMIT
- choose desired passport processing type (expedited or regular processing) before clicking PROCEED TO PAYMENT
- a reference number will be emailed to you.
2. Proceed to preferred Payment Center to pay the passport processing fee.
- present reference number at Payment Center upon payment of passport processing fee
- one reference number per transaction.
- keep receipt
AUTHORIZED PAYMENT CENTERS:
Robinson's Business Center and Department Stores
Waltermart Department Store
USCC (Western Union)
(Other payment centers will be made available soon)
PASSPORT PROCESSING FEES:
P1,200 for expedited processing
P950 for regular processing
- Authorized Payment Centers charge a convenience fee P50 per transaction.
3. Confirmed appointment packet will be sent to your email once payment has been successfully processed. Click link to your passport appointment packet and PRINT OUT the following you need to bring on your scheduled appointment:
- checklist with indicated schedule
- confirmed Application Form with bar code, appointment reference number (ARN), and eRECEIPT number
- two copies of the eRECEIPT
4. Show up at the DFA Consular Office on the date and time indicated in your appointment. Bring printed copy of confirmed passport appointment packet and other required documents and IDs.
For questions and other concerns about the ePassport Portal contact DFA’s help desk at (02) 234 3488 or Email [email protected]