MANILA--The Department of Foreign Affairs on Saturday said 5 more Filipinos abroad died due to the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), after two days of no reported deaths.
This brings to 274 the number of foreign-based Filipinos who have died due to the virus, most of whom were from the Americas.
The DFA said in a statement that 30 more Filipinos abroad were diagnosed with COVID-19, hiking the tally to 2,360. The agency said most of the recorded cases were from Europe and the Middle East.
At least 35 Filipinos also recovered from the virus, marking the DFA's fourth consecutive day of reporting more recoveries than new cases or fatalities.
The total recoveries or patients who were discharged from hospital were at 824.
The department said the Asia-Pacific region still has the most number of Filipino recoveries.
At least 1,262 other Filipinos overseas, meanwhile, are still active or recovering cases, the DFA said.
Meanwhile, the Philippines has recorded 12,305 COVID-19 cases, of whom 817 died and 2,561 others recovered, according to the Department of Health earlier in the day.