MANILA – The number of firecracker injuries has risen to 116 two days before New Year's Day, down 38 percent from the same period last year, the Department of Health (DOH) said.
The DOH said that from December 21 to 30, 115 sought medical attention due to firecracker injuries while one was reported to have ingested a firecracker.
There were 187 firecracker-related injuries reported during the same period in 2015.
Metro Manila still has the highest number of reported injuries at 63. - report from Kori Quintos, ABS-CBN News