MANILA—The Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (BFAR) on Friday identified several coastal areas in the country that tested positive for red tide.
The public is advised not to harvest or eat shellfish from the following areas:
- Bataan (Balanga city; towns of Abucay, Hermosa, Limay,
- Mariveles, Orani, Orion, Pilar, and Samal)
- Bohol (Coastal waters off Dauis town and Tagbilaran city)
- Eastern Samar (Matarinao Bay)
- Leyte (Cancabato Bay, Tacloban city)
- Palawan (Puerto Princesa Bay, Puerto Princesa city)
- Surigao del Sur (Lianga Bay)
In a statement, the BFAR said the affected areas "are still positive for paralytic shellfish poison that is beyond the regulatory limit."