Firecracker injuries expected to go down, says DOH

ABS-CBN News

Posted at Dec 27 2018 10:01 AM | Updated as of Dec 27 2018 10:08 AM

Watch more in iWant or TFC.tv

MANILA -- Firecracker-related injuries are going down since President Rodrigo Duterte limited its use last year, a health official said Thursday, ahead of the New Year's Eve revelries.

The Department of Health recorded 24 firecracker-related injuries from Dec. 21, a 50-percent drop compared to the previous year, said Undersecretary Eric Domingo.

Duterte's executive order in 2017 restricts the use of firecrackers to community zones, bringing to the national scale a ban he instituted in Davao City when he was mayor.