Health authorities have received reports of 5 firecracker-related injuries from December 21 to 24, Health Secretary Francisco Duque III said Monday.
Four cases were from the National Capital Region while one victim is from Bicol, Duque said, adding that most of them were injured by "the usual culprits like piccolo."
He said the number of reported firecracker injuries is lower compared to previous years.
As of December 25, there are no reported victims of stray bullets yet.
"Stray bullets zero pa tayo. Sana maging ganoon hanggang matapos ang pagdiriwang ng bagong taon ay mawala na ito," he said.
The health secretary reminded parents to be more vigilant since children and drunk adults are the usual victims of firecrackers.
"Wag silang magiging pabaya. Ang ibang mga magulang pabaya sila eh. Tapos pag naospital na sisishin ka pa," he said.
“Pag sobrang lasing sisindihan ang sigarilyo at piccolo ang mahihithit dahil sa sobrang lasing mali iyung naibabato nila," he added.
Earlier this year, President Rodrigo Duterte signed Executive Order 28 limiting the use of firecrackers in the country.
DOH is eyeing a huge drop in firecracker injuries now that the EO has been implemented.