Kidnapped baby in Benguet returned to parents

Micaela Ilao, ABS-CBN News

Posted at Dec 17 2016 06:06 PM

One-week-old John Milter sleeps after being returned to his parents on Friday.

BENGUET — A newborn baby boy who was kidnapped last Wednesday by a woman pretending to be a doctor has been safely returned to his parents on Friday.

One-week-old John Milter was kidnapped inside the Benguet General Hospital by a woman who introduced herself as "Doctor Ramos," Jose Vicente Jr., the baby's father, said.

The suspect reportedly took the baby to check his weight then disappeared.

Vicente and his relatives asked help from authorities to look for the suspect. They also posted baby John's photos on social media.

The baby was found on Friday after informants who knew the woman reported her whereabouts to the police.

The baby is currently confined at a hospital in Baguio where he is recovering.

Authorities requested not to name the 24-year-old suspect who refused to give a statement and is currently confined in a hospital after having a nervous breakdown.

In a statement to the police, the suspect said she had a miscarriage earlier this month.

Vicente said he is considering filing a complaint against the suspect for kidnapping.

"Kailangan niya harapin yung paratang sa ginawa niya.”

(She needs to answer for what she did.)