MANILA - The Philippine National Police (PNP) on Friday reshuffled its ranking officials as the agency prepared for a comeback role in President Rodrigo Duterte's war on drugs, ABS-CBN News has learned.
Senior Supt. Albert Ferro of the Firearms Explosive Division will replace Chief Supt. Joseph Adnol as head of the PNP Drug Enforcement Group (PDEG) starting December 11.
Ferro used to head the dissolved PNP Anti-Illegal Drugs Group.
"As of now, I'm just waiting for guidance, but of course, on my part, I expect anything that will happen. I’m hopeful na it’s all for the better, always for the Philippine National Police,” Adnol told ABS-CBN News.
On Thursday, Adnol expressed lukewarm opinion about proposals to equip police with body cameras during operations.
While the PNP is ready to equip operatives with body cameras, Adnol said the public should trust authorities as they operate with God as their camera.
Adnol believes his statement had nothing to do with his relief.
"I do believe it’s because of the movement that’s ongoing in the organization to reposition officers [with] the retirement of the other officers in the organization,” he said.
Adnol served as Deputy Regional Director for Administration of Northern Mindanao prior to assuming his role as PDEG director last October.
Aside from Adnol, the following police officials face reassignment:
- Director Manuel Felix, chief of the Directorate for Integrated Police Operations (DIPO) in Western Mindanao, will be transferred to the Office of the Chief PNP in Camp Crame.
- Chief Supt. Cedrick Train, Chief of PNP Soccsksargen, will be the new Chief of DIPO Western Mindanao.
- Chief Supt. Marcelo Morales, chief of the Maritime Group, will replace Train at the PNP regional office in Soccsksargen.
- Chief Supt. Rodelio Jocson, Director of Information Technology Management Services (ITMS), will be the new chief of the Maritime Group.
- Chief Supt. Renato Angara, Director of PNP Cagayan Valley will be the new ITMS Director.
- Senior Supt. Petronelli Baldebrin from the Office of the Chief PNP will be the new Director of PNP Cagayan Valley.