Trillanes welcomes probe into parents' alleged gov't dealings

ABS-CBN News

Posted at Nov 27 2018 07:59 AM | Updated as of Nov 27 2018 12:55 PM

MANILA - Senator Antonio Trillanes IV on Tuesday said he welcomes any probe into alleged dealings of his parents with the government, as previously announced by President Rodrigo Duterte.

Trillanes, Duterte's staunch critic, said he would even be willing to go to any detention facility if the President finds anything anomalous with the alleged transactions of his deceased father.

"If he finds anything anomalous, again, I would voluntarily walk into any detention facility kahit sa Davao pa," the senator said in a statement.

Until then, Trillanes said he hopes that the President would focus on other pressing issues, like the alleged P6.4 billion worth of shabu shipments that slipped past the Bureau of Customs.

"Magpanggap man lang sana siya na galit siya at ipahanap kunware 'yung drug lord na nagpasok ng P6.4 billion at P11 billion shabu shipments," he said.

Duterte earlier said an investigation on Trillanes' parents is underway, alleging that the senator's 84-year-old mother was a supplier for the Philippine Navy.

Trillanes has denied Duterte’s allegations and noted that his mother was suffering from advanced Parkinson’s Disease. He added there were no cases filed against his mother.