MANILA - Storm warning signals have been raised in several provinces in Luzon and Visayas as tropical storm "Marce" (international name: Tokage) crossed the northern tip of Iloilo province and is now over the Jintotolo channel.
As of 8 a.m., the following areas are under storm signal number 1 and 2:
- Calamian Group of Islands
- Southern Occidental Mindoro
- Southern Oriental Mindoro
- Northern Antique
- Northern Palawan including Cuyo Island
- Rest of Oriental Mindoro
- Rest of Occidental Mindoro including Lubang Island
- Masbate including Burias and Ticao Island
- Northern Cebu including Bantayan and Camotes Islands
- Negros Occidental
- Rest of Antique
The weather bureau said "Marce" is bringing moderate to heavy rains within its 300 km diameter.
As of 7 a.m., "Marce" was spotted 15 kilometers north northeast of Roxas City, Capiz.
It continues to pack 65kph winds and gusts of up to 110 kph.
Though "Marce's" west northwest movement slowed down from 24 to 22 kph, the tropical storm is still expected to exit the Philippine area of responsibility (PAR) by Sunday evening, PAGASA said.
The state weather bureau advised residents in affected areas to be wary of flash floods and landslides.
PAGASA also warned against sea travel as waves are expected to reach between four and 14 meters.