Three children died after they were trapped in a burning house in Barangay Felisa, Bacolod City on Thursday afternoon.
FO3 Cornelio Silva, chief investigator of Bureau of Fire Protection, said the fire quickly spread because the house was made of wood and light materials.
He said the children might have died of suffocation.
The children's father said an electrical short circuit might have been the cause of the fire. He said he always left his kids locked inside the house for their security, especially when he is out working as a barangay tanod.
The children's mother works in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
The BFP is still determining the cause of the blaze.