MANILA - Acting Chief Justice Antonio Carpio posted the biggest increase in net worth last year compared to 2016 among his colleagues, a document released Tuesday revealed.
Carpio, the court's most senior magistrate, was worth P23,239,422.70 more in 2017, the summary report of the filed statements of assets, liabilities and net worth of the members of the judiciary said. This brought his total net worth to P105,878,242.70.
According to the same document which still included ousted Chief Justice Maria Lourdes Sereno, retired Chief Justice Teresita Leonardo De Castro and Ombudsman Samuel Martires, Associate Justice Francis Jardeleza is the richest among his peers with P261,076,233.24,
He is followed by Associate Justice Mariano del Castillo with P141,540,867.20. Associate Justice Marvic Leonen is the poorest with just P2,964,314.57.
Here's the rundown, in descending order:
- Francis Jardeleza - P261,076,233.24
- Mariano del Castillo - P141,540,867.20
- Alfredo Benjamin Caguioa - P123,800,000.00
- Antonio Carpio - P105,878,242.70
- Estela Perlas-Bernabe - P81,299,650.23
- Diosdado Peralta - P48,209,631.25
- Lucas Bersamin - P44,445,828.00
- Samuel Martires - P41,878,000.00
- Maria Lourdes Sereno - P27,340,711.80
- Presbitero Velasco - P22,081,205.80
- Teresita Leonardo de Castro - around P19,766,075.12
- Noel Tijam - P19,101,193.23
- Alexander Gesmundo - P8,245,894.00
- Andres Reyes Jr. - P5,699,621.04
- Mario Victor Leonen - P2,964,314.57
- with reports from Dexter Ganibe and Mike Navallo, ABS-CBN News