DAVAO CITY- The Davao City Prosecutors Office is set to issue subpoenas to more than 10 other people linked to the deadly blast in the city last September 2.
City Prosecutor Jay Karel Sanchez said the other suspects were included in the supplemental affidavits submitted by the police Criminal Investigation Detection Group, aside from the four suspects who were earlier arrested on October 29, 2016 in Cotabato City and Maguindanao.
The four, believed to be members of the Dawla Islamiya Fi Cotabato Maute Group, were identified as Mohammad Lalaog Chenikandiyil alias Datu Boi, Jackson Mangulamas Usi alias Abu Mansor/Jam, Zack Villanueva Lopez alias Haron, and Ansan Abdulla Mamasapano alias Abu Hamsa.
Sanchez did not name the new respondents in the case.
The City Prosecutor's office will give them another 10 days to submit their counter-affidavits.
"Upon the lapse of the 10-day period, we will be resolving the case. We are hopeful that before the month ends, we will able to issue the resolution," Sanchez said.
A subpoena was previously issued to the three other suspects, Mustafa Musali, TJ Macabalang, and Windel Facturan, who are alleged members of the Maute Group.
The three did not submit any counter-affidavit.