MANILA- Philippine National Police Chief, Director General Ronald "Bato" dela Rosa ordered on Thursday the relief of 24 police officers involved in the jail search operation that led to the death of Albuera, Leyte Mayor Rolando Espinosa Sr.
Dela Rosa has directed Police Director Fernando Mendez Jr. of the Directorate for Personnel and Record Management to immediately issue the order for the relief of 18 other Criminal Investigation and Detection Unit 8 (CIDG8) and six Regional Maritime Unit 8 (RMU8) personnel involved in the operation.
The 24 relieved personnel have been reassigned to the Personnel Holding and Accounting Unit in Camp Crame to face ongoing investigations by the Internal Affairs Service (IAS) and the CIDG.
"Let me assure everyone that there will be no whitewash in the investigation; ferry out the truth; and slap appropriate sanctions or charges to our personnel who have committed violations," Dela Rosa said.
The relieved personnel are:
1. PSUPT MARVIN WYNN MARCOS
2. PSUPT SANTI NOEL GASPANG MATIRA
3. PCINSP LEO DIAO LARAGA
4. PSINSP ERIC PALATTAO CONSTANTINO
5. PSINSP DEOGRACIAS PEDONG DIAZ III
6. PSINSP FRITZ BIOCO BLANCO
7. SPO4 MELVIN MENDIOLA CAYOBIT
8. SPO4 JUANITO AMPADO DUARTE
9. SPO2 ALPHINOR MILLA SERRANO JR
10. SPO1 BENJAMIN LAYAGUE DACALLOS
11. PO3 NORMAN TIU ABELLANOSA
12. PO3 JOHNNY ABUDA IBAÑEZ
13. PO2 NEIL PATRIMONIO CENTINO
14. PO1 LLOYD ORTINEZ ORTIGUEZA
15. PO1 BHERNARD RODRIGUEZ ORPILLA
16. PO1 KRISTAL JANE BRIONES GISMA
17. PO1 JERLAN SADIA CABIYAAN
18. PO1 DIVINE GRACE BACLAS SONGALIA
1. PCINSP CALIXTO CABARDO CANILLAS JR
2. PINSP LUCRESITO ADANA CANDILOSAS
3. SPO2 ANTONIO ROMANGCA DOCIL
4. SPO1 MARK CHRISTIAN CASTILLO CADILO
5. PO2 JOHN RUEL BALDEVIA DOCULAN
6. PO2 JAIME PACUAN BACSAL