DAVAO CITY - A man fell and was seriously injured while putting up an advertising signage in a business park in Davao City late Friday night.
The victim, identified as 19-year-old Daryl Guerrero, a contractor of a private company, sustained head, hip, and leg injuries after falling from a 30-meter-high structure.
A guard on duty, who requested anonymity, said the victim fell after getting electrocuted while setting up a signage for an establishment.
"At first, naay nahulog nga mga bakal. Then, tingala naman ko nga naay dako kaayo nahulog. Gi-roving dayon nako. Pag tan-aw nako, naay usa ka tao nahulog," he said.
(I heard some rods falling. Then, there was a big one. When I checked, it was a man.)
The guard said the victim allegedly failed to use his company-issued safety harness.
The Central 911 emergency medical team rushed the victim to Southern Philippines Medical Center.