The state weather bureau added parts of Albay under Signal No. 4, as Typhoon Rolly rolled toward Bicol late Saturday night and more areas were upgraded in PAGASA's Tropical Cyclone Warning System.
In its 11 p.m. bulletin, PAGASA assigned Signal No. 4 to the following areas:
- Eastern portion of Camarines Sur (Buhi, Iriga City, Baao, Pili, Naga City, Bombon, Calabanga, Ocampo, Sagnay, Tigaon, Goa, Tinambac, Siruma, Lagonoy, Garchitorena, San Jose, Presentacion, Caramoan),
- Northern portion of Albay (Tiwi, Polangui, Malinao, Tabaco City, Malilipot, Bacacay, Rapu-Rapu).
These areas will experience winds stronger than 171 km/h, and up to 220 km/h may be expected in at least 12 hours.
In its last bulletin Saturday, PAGASA said Rolly was spotted 185 km east of Virac, Catanduanes at 10 p.m. with maximum sustained winds of 215 km/h near the center and gustiness of up to 265 km/h.
It was moving West Southwestward at 25 km/h.
Rolly is expected to make its landfall near its current peak intensity over Catanduanes and Camarines on Sunday early morning.
Areas under Storm Signal No. 3, where they will experience winds greater that 121 km/ph up to 170 km/hr in the next 18 hours include:
- Rest of Albay
- Rest of Camarines Sur
- Camarines Norte
- Northern Samar
- Burias and Ticao Islands
- Eastern portion of Batangas (Tanauan City, Santo Tomas, Malvar, Balete, Mataas Na Kahoy, Lipa City, Cuenca, Talisay, San Nicolas, Santa Teresita, Alitagtag, San Pascual, Batangas City, San Jose, Ibaan, Taysan, Lobo, Padre Garcia, Rosario, San Juan),
- Northern portion of Oriental Mindoro (Puerto Galera, San Teodoro, Baco, Calapan City, Naujan, Victoria, Pola, Socorro, Pinamalayan), and the northern portion of Romblon (Concepcion, Banton, Corcuera)
Areas under Signal No. 2 (winds with 61 km/hr to 120 km/ph in 24 hours) included:
- Metro Manila
- Rest of Batangas
- Rest of Masbate
- Rest of Romblon
- Rest of Oriental Mindoro
- Occidental Mindoro, including Lubang Island
- Nueva Ecija
- Central and southern portion of Aurora (Dipaculao, Maria Aurora, Baler, San Luis, Dingalan)
- Southern portion of Quirino (Nagtipunan)
- Southern portion of Nueva Vizcaya (Alfonso Castaneda, Dupax Del Norte, Dupax Del Sur)
- Northern portion of Samar (Catbalogan City, Jiabong, Motiong, Paranas, Hinabangan, San Sebastian, Tarangnan, Pagsanghan, San Jorge, San Jose de Buan, Matuguinao, Gandara, Santa Margarita, Calbayog City, Santo Nino, Almagro, Tagapul-An)
- Northern portion of Eastern Samar (San Julian, Sulat, Taft, Can-Avid, Dolores, Maslog, Oras, San Policarpo, Arteche, Jipapad)
- Northwestern portion of Aklan (Buruanga, Malay, Nabas, Ibajay)
- Extreme northern portion of Antique (Pandan, Libertad, Caluya)
Signal No. 1 covered:
- Rest of Aurora
- Rest of Nueva Vizcaya
- Rest of Quirino
- Ilocos Sur
- La Union
- Mountain Province
- Calamian Islands
- Southern portion of Apayao (Conner)
- Southern portion of Ilocos Norte (Nueva Era, Dingras, Sarrat, San Nicolas, Laoag City, Paoay, Currimao, Badoc, Pinili, Batac City, Banna, Marcos)
- Southern portion of Cagayan (Peñablanca, Iguig, Rizal, Piat, Tuao, Solana, Tuguegarao City, Enrile)
- Rest of Aklan
- Rest of Eastern Samar
- Rest of Samar
- Rest of the northern portion of Antique (Sebaste, Culasi)
- Northern portion of Capiz (Jamindan, Mambusao, Sapi-An, Ivisan, Roxas City, Panay, Pilar, Sigma, Dao, Panitan, Pontevedra, President Roxas)
- Northern portion of Iloilo (Carles, Balasan, Estancia, Batad)
- Northern portion of Leyte (Leyte, Tabango, San Isidro, Calubian, Capoocan, Carigara, Tunga, Barugo, San Miguel, Babatngon, Tacloban City)
By Sunday evening, Rolly will be in the vicinity of Tanauan, Batangas and by Monday night it will be at 385 km West of Iba, Zambales.
In the next 24 hours, there is a high risk of storm surge in the following areas:
More than 3.0 meters
- Coastal areas of Catanduanes and Camarines Norte
- Northern coastal areas of Quezon, including Polillo Islands
- Camarines Sur
Up to 3.0 meters
- Coastal areas of Metro Manila, Cavite, Bulacan, Pampanga, Bataan
- Southeastern coastal area of Batangas (facing Tayabas Bay)
- Most of the southern coastal areas of Quezon
Up to 2.0 meters
- Coastal areas of Marinduque, Lubang Island, and Burias Island
- Remaining coastal areas of Quezon, Camarines Sur, and Batangas.
According to PAGASA, a storm surge, which could be accompanied by swells and breaking waves reaching the coast, can cause life-threatening and damaging coastal inundation.
The weather bureau added that Rolly's passage will bring heavy to intense with at times torrential rains over Bicol, CALABARZON, Metro Manila, Marinduque, the northern portion of Mindoro island, Bataan, Bulacan, Aurora, and the eastern portions of mainland Cagayan and Isabela.