Catanduanes and some areas in Camarines Sur have been placed under Storm Signal No. 4 Saturday night, as Typhoon Rolly closed in on Philippine land mass, the state weather bureau announced.
The towns in Camarines Sur included Caramoan, Garchitorena, Goa, Lagonoy, Presentacion, San Jose, Siruma and Tinambac.
Rolly was spotted at 280 km east northeast of Virac, Catanduanes at 7 p.m. with maximum sustained winds of 215 km/h near the center and gustiness of up to 265 km/h.
It is moving West Southwestward at 20 km/h.
Areas under Storm Signal No. 3, where they will experience winds greater that 121 km/ph up to 170 km/hr in the next 18 hours included:
- the rest of Camarines Sur,
- Camarines Norte,
- Northern Samar
- Burias and Ticao Islands in Masbate
- the southern portion of Quezon (Atimonan, Pagbilao, Padre Burgos, Agdangan, Unisan, Plaridel, Gumaca, Pitogo, Macalelon, Lopez, General Luna, Catanauan, Mulanay, San Francisco, San Andres, San Narciso, Buenavista, Guinayangan, Tagkawayan, Calauag, Quezon, Alabat, Perez) .
Areas under Signal No. 2 (winds with 61 km/hr to 120 km/ph in 24 hours) included:
- Metro Manila
- Occidental Mindoro, including Lubang Island
- Oriental Mindoro
- Rest of Quezon, including Polillo Islands
- Rest of Masbate
- Southern portion of Nueva Ecija (Cabiao, San Isidro, Gapan City, General Tinio, Peñaranda, San Antonio, Jaen, San Leonardo, Santa Rosa, Cabanatuan City, Palayan City, Laur, Gabaldon, Bongabon)
- Southern portion of Zambales (San Marcelino, San Felipe, San Narciso, San Antonio, Castillejos, Subic, Olongapo City)
- Southern portion of Aurora (Maria Aurora, San Luis, Baler, Dingalan)
- Northern portion of Samar (Catbalogan City, Jiabong, Motiong, Paranas, Hinabangan, San Sebastian, Tarangnan, San Jorge, San Jose de Buan, Matuguinao, Gandara, Santa Margarita, Calbayog City, Santo Nino, Almagro, Tagapul-An)
- Northern portion of Eastern Samar (San Julian, Sulat, Taft, Can-Avid, Dolores, Maslog, Oras, San Policarpo, Arteche, Jipapad)
- Extreme northern portion of Antique (Pandan, Libertad, Caluya)
- Northwestern portion of Aklan (Buruanga, Malay, Nabas, Ibajay)
Signal No. 1 covered:
- La Union
- Nueva Vizcaya
- Rest of Aklan
- Rest of Aurora
- Rest of Nueva Ecija
- Rest of Zambales
- Calamian Islands
- Southern portion of Ilocos Sur (Quirino, Gregorio Del Pilar, Salcedo, San Emilio, Candon City, Galimuyod, Santa Lucia, Cervantes, Sigay, Santa Cruz, Suyo, Tagudin, Alilem, Sugpon), Mountain Province
- Central and southern portions of Isabela (Mallig, Quirino, Ilagan, Roxas, San Manuel, Burgos, Gamu, Palanan, San Mariano, Benito Soliven, Naguilian, Reina Mercedes, Luna, Aurora, Cabatuan, San Mateo, Cauayan City, Dinapigue, San Guillermo, Echague, San Agustin, Jones, Angadanan, Alicia, San Isidro, Ramon, Santiago City, Cordon)
- Northern portion of Antique (Sebaste, Culasi)
- Northern portion of Capiz (Jamindan, Mambusao, Sapi-An, Ivisan, Roxas City, Panay, Pilar, Sigma, Dao, Panitan, Pontevedra, President Roxas)
- Northern portion of Iloilo (Carles, Balasan, Estancia, Batad)
By Sunday afternoon, Rolly is expected to be in the vicinity of Pagbilao, Quezon. It will be 310 km West of Iba, Zambales by Monday.