4 new suspects in Davao blast arrested in Cotabato

ABS-CBN News

Posted at Oct 29 2016 01:08 PM | Updated as of Oct 29 2016 01:48 PM

COTABATO - Four other Davao bombing suspects, also members of the Maute group, were arrested in different parts of the province Friday evening.

The simultaneous serving of arrest warrants in Barangay RH 7 in Cotabato, and in SPDA, DOS Maguindanao resulted in the arrest of Mohammad Chenikandiyil, Zack Haron Villanueva Lopez, Jackson Mangulamas Usi, and Ausan Abdullah Mamasapano, said Jimmy Daza, regional chief of the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group in Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao (CIDG-ARMM).

Photo by Vina Araneta, ABS-CBN News

Firearms and ammunition such as a .38 caliber pistol, a grenade, mortars, and improvised explosive devices were recovered from the suspects, who were brought to the CIDG-ARMM headquarters for documentation and disposition, Daza said.

Three members of the Maute group who were linked to the blast that killed at least 14 and injured 67 others were arrested last month.

--- with reports from Arianne Apatan, ABS-CBN News.