Dismissal of 2 'narco generals' underwent due process: 'Bato'

Rose Carmelle Lacuata, ABS-CBN News

Posted at Oct 09 2017 07:25 PM

MANILA - Philippine National Police chief Director General Ronald "Bato" Dela Rosa on Monday assured that the dismissal of two high-ranking police officers went through due process.

Former National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) director Chief Supt. Joel Pagdilao and former Quezon City Police District (QCPD) head Chief Supt. Edgardo Tinio were dismissed from the PNP after President Rodrigo Duterte accused them of protecting the illegal drug trade.

"Dumaan sa due process 'yan, kaya umabot ng one year," Dela Rosa told DZMM.

He added that they have previously been relieved from their posts, but it was only recently that the decision on their administrative cases came out.

"Sinibak na 'yun noon, pero ngayon lang lumabas ang resulta (sa kaso)," Dela Rosa explained.

When asked whether the dismissal was a reaction to Duterte's decreased rating, Dela Rosa said the dismissal papers were signed before the survey results were released.

"Hindi ho, matagal na 'yan, hindi lang na-announce... Alam ko na 'yan mga last week. Matagal na 'yan napirmahan," he said.

Duterte's net satisfaction rating dropped to 48, which is 18 points lower than the one he got in June 2017, as less Filipinos say they are satisfied with his performance, a Social Weather Stations (SWS) survey revealed Sunday.