Typhoon Karding continued to intensify Saturday night as it moved closer to Luzon, state weather bureau PAGASA said.
The eye of the typhoon was last spotted 430 kilometers east of Baler, Aurora as of 10 p.m.
Karding is currently packing maximum sustained winds of 130 kilometers per hour near the center, and gusts of up to 160 kph.
The typhoon is forecast to continue intensifying and make landfall over the east coast of Aurora or Quezon province, Sunday afternoon or early evening, according to PAGASA.
After crossing Central Luzon, the tropical cyclone is forecast to emerge over the West Philippine Sea tomorrow late evening or Monday early morning, PAGASA added.
Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal Number 3 has been raised over the following areas:
- Polillo Islands
- northern Camarines Norte (Vinzons, Paracale, Jose Panganiban, Capalonga)
Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal Number 2, meanwhile has been hoisted over the following areas:
- Southern Isabela (Dinapigue, San Guillermo, Echague, San Agustin, Jones)
- central and southeastern Nueva Vizcaya (Alfonso Castaneda, Dupax del Sur, Aritao, Santa Fe, Bambang, Dupax del Norte, Kasibu, Quezon, Bayombong, Diadi)
- eastern Pangasinan (Mangatarem, Basista, Urbiztondo, Malasiqui, Manaoag, Pozorrubio, Sison, Bayambang, Bautista, Alcala, Santo Tomas, Villasis, City of Urdaneta, Laoac, Binalonan, Asingan, Rosales, Santa Maria, Balungao, Umingan, San Quintin, Tayug, Natividad, San Manuel, San Nicolas)
- Nueva Ecija
- Metro Manila
- eastern Batangas (Talisay, City of Tanauan, Santo Tomas, Malvar)
- northern and central Quezon (General Nakar, Infanta, Real, Mauban, Calauag, Perez, Alabat, Quezon, Tagkawayan, Guinayangan, Sampaloc, Lucban, City of Tayabas, Lucena City, Pagbilao, Padre Burgos, Atimonan, Agdangan, Unisan, Plaridel, Gumaca, Lopez, Pitogo, Dolores, Candelaria, Sariaya, Tiaong, Macalelon, General Luna, Catanauan, Buenavista)
- the rest of Camarines Norte
- northern Camarines Sur (Del Gallego, Ragay, Lupi, Sipocot, Libmanan, Pamplona, Pasacao, San Fernando, Pili, Minalabac, Ocampo, Tigaon, Cabusao, Magarao, Gainza, Canaman, Camaligan, Milaor, Naga City, Bombon, Calabanga, Tinambac, Siruma, Goa, Lagonoy, San Jose, Garchitorena, Presentacion, Caramoan, Sagñay)
Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal Number 1 has been raised over the following areas:
- southern Cagayan
- the rest of Isabela,
- the rest of Nueva Vizcaya
- southern Apayao
- Mountain Province
- Southern Ilocos Norte
- Ilocos Sur
- La Union
- the rest of Pangasinan
- the rest of Batangas
- the rest of Quezon
- northern Occidental Mindoro
- Lubang Islands
- northern Oriental Mindoro
- the rest of Camarines Sur
- northern Sorsogon
- Burias Island
PAGASA said the typhoon is bringing moderate to heavy rains over mainland Cagayan and Isabela. Meanwhile, light to at times heavy rains are expected over over Babuyan Islands, Aurora, northern portion of Quezon including Polilio Islands, Catanduanes, Camarines Norte, and Camarines Sur.
By Sunday morning, Karding is expected to bring heavy to torrential rains over Metro Manila, Zambales, Tarlac, Pampanga, Nueva Ecija, Bulacan, southern portion of Aurora, Rizal, and the northern portion of Quezon including Polilio Islands.
Moderate to intense rains are expected over the rest of Cagayan Valley, Cordillera Administrative Region, the northern portion of Aurora, Bataan, Cavite, Laguna, and the central portion of Quezon.
PAGASA warned that storm surge and high waves may threaten coastal areas in Aurora, Quezon, and Camarines Norte.
"Persons living in areas identified to be highly or very highly susceptible to these hazards are advised to follow evacuation and other instructions from local officials," PAGASA said.