MANILA (UPDATE)—A magnitude-4.9 quake, previously recorded as a magnitude 5, rocked Occidental Mindoro early Wednesday, the state seismology bureau said.
The quake’s epicenter was traced 11 kilometers northwest of Mamburao town, according to the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs).
It was tectonic in origin with a depth of focus of 11 kilometers.
The tremor was felt in the following areas:
- Intensity IV - Mamburao, Abra de Ilog, and Paluan, Occidental Mindoro; Puerto Galera, Oriental Mindoro
- Intesity III - Mabini, Malvar, and Tingloy, Batangas
- Intensity II - Bauan, Batangas; Tagaytay City; Quezon City
- Intensity I - Talisay, Batangas
The following instrumental intensities were also recorded:
- IIntensity IV - Calapan City, Oriental Mindoro
- Intensity III - Tagaytay City
- Intensity II - Muntinlupa City; Batangas City and Calatagan, Batangas,Mauban, Mulanay and Dolores, Quezon
- Intensity I - Carmona, Cavite; Plaridel, Bulacan
Phivolcs recorded 5 aftershocks in a span of one and half hours, ranging between 2.1 and 2.6.
No damage to structures was expected, Phivolcs added.