CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY - A gift-wrapped box of drinking glasses caused a scare at a church here after residents mistook it for a bomb.
Fears were heightened after a bomb-sniffing dog sat thrice beside the unattended package at the San Isidro Labrador here, indicating that it might contain explosives.
Bomb disposal policemen said the dog could have been confused by alcohol-like chemicals in the box.
Police blew up the package with a water bomb and discovered it contained drinking glasses.
The city was on heightened alert after a bomb explosion in Davao City left 14 people killed and 67 others wounded.