MANILA - The mother of slain 17-year-old Kian Delos Santos on Monday demanded accountability from the policemen who led the anti-drug operation that killed her son.
"Parang awa niyo na sumuko na kayo. Pagbayaran niyo ang ginawa niyong kasalanan. Pinatay niyo ang anak kong walang kalaban-laban," Kian's mother, Lorenza Delos Santos, said during the second autopsy of the Grade 11 student.
Kian, whom police accused of being a drug courier, was killed in an alleged shootout with law enforcers during the bloodiest week of the government's anti-narcotics drive.
Several witnesses claimed Kian was mauled by policemen, given a gun and told to run for his life.
The chief of the Philippine National Police, Director General Ronald dela Rosa, said 3 officers involved in the raid have been relieved from their post and placed on restrictive custody.
Lorenza, for her part, maintained that her son was innocent. She also shared that the teenager had been looking forward to the end of her overseas job contract.
"Kian, andito si Mama. Sabi mo, hihintayin mo si Mama e. Sabi ko sa iyo, anak please wait na lang, malapit na, tutuloy na umuwi si Mama," she wailed.
"Pinalaki ko iyang batang iyan nang mabuting tao."
The Delos Santos family has temporarily closed Kian's wake to visitors as the Public Attorneys Office (PAO) examined his remains early Monday.
PAO has offered to represent the Delos Santos family in the separate investigation into Kian's death by the police, Senate and the National Bureau of Investigation.
Kian, who had dreamed of becoming a cop, will be buried Sunday. -- with Dominic Almelor and Arra Perez, ABS-CBN News