MANILA - President Rodrigo Duterte does not know who among his Cabinet secretaries are being investigated by his anti-corruption body, his spokesperson said Monday.
Presidential Anti-Corruption Commission (PACC) commissioner Greco Belgica last week said the investigation against the 2 officials started in February and was expected to be completed by October. He did not name the officials.
"I asked the President about it. Sabi niya (he said), 'I don't know who,'" Duterte's spokesperson Salvador Panelo told ANC.
"That's supposed to be their (PACC's) job. When they finally send their report, recommendation, that's the time the President will know kasi the President does not interfere nor intrude in any activity in any of the offices or agencies," he added.
The PACC is also set to wrap up in November its “lifestyle check” on top officials of the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office, including former general manager Alexander Balutan and incumbent board member Sandra Cam, Belgica said.
Duterte on July 26 suspended the operations of all gaming schemes of the PCSO, citing "massive corruption" in the agency.
Lotto operations resumed on July 31 while other gaming activities such as the Peryahan ng Bayan, small town lottery (STL), and Keno remain suspended.
Duterte has told the national police that STL will resume "if you can convince me that there will be no corruption," noted Panelo.
Panelo said 2 STL operators went to his office last week to inform PCSO general manager Royina Garma about anomalies in the gaming scheme. Their meeting was reset because Garma had a prior appointment, said the Palace official.