CEBU CITY—The owner of well-known Rico's Lechon said Thursday he will re-open one branch of the restaurant in the city soon, which was padlocked by the city government on August 3 for operating without a business permit.
Enrico Dionson, owner of Rico’s Lechon, said the Barangay Kamputhaw branch of the famed restaurant will be re-opened as they have provided the city government with required documents on its fire suppression system as well as a sanitary permit.
Dionson admitted the restaurant’s Barangay Mabolo branch only had a temporary business permit.
He said his business partner Bea Villegas Osmeña, daughter-in-law of Cebu City Mayor Tomas Osmeña, was in-charge of getting the business permit.
“Bea said that as a business partner she will be the one to process the business permit. But we just knew it last year that we were operating with just a [temporary] business permit," Dionson said in a press briefing.
Bea had a 30 percent share in Rico's Lechon in Barangay Mabolo. Her contract with the corporation expired in July.
In a Facebook post, Mayor Osmeña said his daughter-in-law had always reminded Dionson to comply with the business permit requirement but he reportedly just ignored it.
Dionson, meanwhile, said their branches incurred P500,000 losses a day since the city government closed their branches.