MANILA - Quezon City logged 166 news cases of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) on Friday, bringing its total to 8,406.
In its latest bulletin, the city government said 124 more people recovered from the disease, raising the number of recoveries to 5,880.
Quezon City's death toll went up to 346, with 7 new fatalities recorded, officials said.
Of the total number of cases, 2,080 are still active.
Among the city's districts, District 4 has the most number of coronavirus cases with 1,890, followed by District 6 (1,520) and District 1 (1,450).
Officials earlier placed certain areas in the city under 14-day "special concern lockdown" due to their high number of COVID-19 cases.
The areas placed under lockdown were:
- Sitio Ruby in Fairview
- 238 Mayon Ave. in Maharlika
- 950 Interior, Aurora Blvd. in Mangga
- 113 Kamuning Road in Kamuning
- Sitio Ambuklao in Baesa
- Portion of Sitio Cabuyao 6A in Sauyo
- 72 Fulgencion Street, Sitio Lambak in Krus na Ligas
- 17 Isarog Street in Sta. Teresita
- Valencia Hills Condominium in Valencia