MANILA - The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) announced Tuesday the closure of the intersection of Araneta Avenue and Aurora Boulevard in Sta. Mesa, Manila starting Aug. 15 (Thursday) from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. for 7 consecutive nights.
The closure is meant to give way to the launching of a girder for the Skyway Stage 3 Project. The Skyway Stage 3, which is one of the key projects under the “Build, Build, Build” program, will connect Buendia in Makati to Balintawak in Quezon City, gateways to the South Luzon Expressway and North Luzon Expressway, respectively.
Motorists are advised to take the following routes:
FOR LIGHT VEHICLES:
- From Shaw Boulevard/V. Mapa, go straight towards Magsaysay Blvd. then Santol Street, right at Palanza, Landargun or Bayani Road, left at G. Araneta to destination and vice versa.
- For vehicles from Cubao going to Manila, from Aurora Blvd., take a right at Guirayan St., left at Palanza, left at Tomas Arguelles St. or Santol St. to Magsaysay Blvd. to destination.
- Vehicles coming from N. Domingo and Blumentritt, take F. Roman St., H. Lozada St. and J. Ruiz St.
- Vehicles coming from the north: along C-3 Sgt. Rivera, right at Bayani, Landargun and Palanza St., left at Santol St., left at Magsaysay Blvd., and take V. Mapa, Old Sta. Mesa to destination.
FOR HEAVY VEHICLES/TRUCKS:
- From Quezon Avenue, E. Rodriguez Ave., straight towards España Blvd., left at Lacson Ave., straight towards Nagtahan to destination (vice versa); or
- Take Magsaysay Blvd., right at V. Mapa to Shaw Blvd. to destination and vice versa.