MANILA - Malacañang on Monday said members of the Tulfo family involved in the controversial P60 million tourism ad placement in their television program are not off the hook yet.
Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said the legal process will still proceed and those liable will be held responsible after Ben Tulfo last week said he and his brothers will not return the ad fee, contrary to an earlier announcement by Teo's lawyer, Ferdinand Topacio.
"Sa akin po nakakalungkot iyan, dahil iyong pangakong ibabalik naman ay galing kay Ben at saka galing kay Wanda Tulfo. Pero kung sila po ay hindi susundin ang kanilang sariling deklarasyon, okay lang po iyan. Meron naman pong proseso,” Roque said in a radio dzRH interview.
Topacio said in May that the siblings would return the money after state auditors flagged the alleged lack of contract when government station PTV aired tourism ads on "Kilos Pronto," a blocktimer hosted by Ben and Erwin Tulfo.
Ben issued the statement even after the Commission on Audit issued a notice of disallowance for the P60 million payment, which meant that Bitag Media, the production outfit owned by Ben, must return the amount.
Senator Antonio Trillanes IV on Monday said he will lodge a plunder case against the Tulfo siblings over the P60-million tourism ad placement.
The Office of the Ombudsman, then led by Conchita Carpio Morales, had already launched an investigation into the deal.