Manila top cop denies Binondo bank robbers in custody

ABS-CBN News

Posted at Jul 26 2019 08:46 AM | Updated as of Jul 26 2019 09:12 AM

Watch more in iWantTFC

MANILA -- Four of the suspects in the broad daylight robbery of a bank in Binondo, Manila earlier this month have not surrendered to authorities or have been arrested, the head of the capital's police said Thursday, contrary to a media report.

Citing sources, a Philippine Star report said 2 suspects in the P3-million heist surrendered to the police Drug Enforcement Group, while another cohort supposedly surrendered to the Misamis Occidental police, and a fourth suspect was detained at the Valenzuela police station on an unrelated charge.

"Mayroon po tayong mga surrender feelers na natanggap pero hindi naman po sila nahuli," said Manila Police District chief Brig. Gen. Vicente Danao Jr.

(We have received surrender feelers, but they have not been arrested.)

The MPD instead arrested on Thursday several children who appeared in a recent viral video of a robbery hold-up, he told radio DZMM.
 
The Binondo bank robbers, meanwhile, are considered armed and dangerous, and include Marlon Parojinog, added Danao.

The Parojinog clan of Misamis Occidental has been tagged in vigilante attacks and robberies.

Fifteen family members, including Ozamiz City Mayor Reynaldo "Aldong" Parojinog, were killed in a series of pre-dawn police raids in 2017, after the local official was accused of involvement in the narcotics trade by President Rodrigo Duterte.

"'Pag itong mga taong ito (mga suspek) ay natunton po natin at lumaban e alam na po natin kung saan sila mapupunta," he said.

(If we locate these people and they fight back, we already know where they would be headed to.)

Manila Mayor Isko Moreno has put up a P1-million reward for any information that would lead to the perpetrators.