Man installing a lighted sign dies of electrocution

Dianne Dy, ABS-CBN News

Posted at Jul 23 2017 10:55 PM

ILOCOS NORTE - A man who was installing a lighted sign above a waiting shed died of electrocution in Paoay, Ilocos Norte.

Rosalinda Juan, sister of the victim, said Elimar Menes, 31, of Brgy. Madiladig Laoag City died on Wednesday afternoon.

His brother accidentally touched a live wire while installing a lighted sign.

"Sira daw yung makina niyang gamit sa paggawa ng tarpaulin, kaya sumama siya para tumulong na maglagay ng signage, dun na siya naaksidente. Pumutok yung mga daliri sa kamay at paa niya," Juan said.

The victim was brought to Mariano Marcos Memorial Hospital and Medical Center in Batac City but was declared dead on arrival.

Menes' employer offered their condolences and monetary assistance for his burial.