MANILA– Public Works Secretary Mark Villar is the lone billionaire in President Rodrigo Duterte’s Cabinet, the 2016 Statements of Assets, Liabilities, and Net Worth (SALN) of officials revealed.
The public works secretary, son of real estate tycoons Manny Villar, a former senator, and incumbent Sen. Cynthia Villar, has a net worth of P1.409 billion.
His assets are worth P1.423 billion, while he has liabilities amounting to P14.52 million, according to a copy of his SALN released by Malacañang.
Villar listed 7 real properties worth P134.86 million, while the rest of his properties are valued P1.289 billion.
Villar is followed by Finance Secretary Carlos Dominguez III, who has a net worth of P351.86 million.
Among Duterte’s Cabinet members, only National Anti-Poverty Commission Secretary Liza Maza and Agrarian Reform Secretary Rafael Mariano are non-millionaires. Maza and Mariano’s net worth are P730,716 and P273,629.58, respectively.
Below is the complete list of Cabinet members and their net worth, ranked from highest to lowest:
1. Public Works Secretary Mark Villar - P1.4 billion
2. Finance Secretary Carlos Dominguez III - P351.86 million
3. Information and Communications Secretary Rodolfo Salalima - P304.96 million
4. Transportation Secretary Arthur Tugade - P301.99 million
5. Former Environment Secretary Gina Lopez - P266.47 million
6. Energy Secretary Alfonso Cusi - P162.7 million
7. Communications Secretary Martin Andanar - P152.27 million
8. Socioeconomic Planning Secretary Ernesto Pernia - P105.43 million
9. Foreign Affairs Secretary Alan Cayetano - P54.73 million
10. Trade Secretary Ramon Lopez – P50.5 million
11. Tourism Secretary Wanda Teo - P44.9 million
12. Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process Jesus Dureza - P40.04 million
13. Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre II - P37.63 million
14. Agriculture Secretary Manny Piñol - P25.6 million
15. National Security Adviser Hermogenes Esperon Jr. - P22.24 million
16. Budget Secretary Benjamin Diokno - P19.81 million
17. National Intelligence Coordinating Agency Director General Alex Paul Monteagudo – P16.5 million
18. Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III - P15.45 million
19. Department of the Interior and Local Government officer-in-charge Catalino Cuy – P14.7 million
20. National Commission on Muslim Filipinos Secretary Yasmin Lao - P13.9 million
21. Presidential Management Staff Acting Head Ferdinand Cui Jr. - P7.98 million
22. Science and Technology Secretary Fortunato Dela Peña - P7.45 million
23. Education Secretary Leonor Briones - P4.38 million
24. Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana - P3.65 million
25. Social Welfare Secretary Judy Taguiwalo - P1.97 million
26. Health Secretary Paulyn Ubial – P1.16 million
27. National Anti-Poverty Commission Secretary Liza Maza - P730, 716
28. Agrarian Reform Secretary Rafael Mariano - P273, 629.58